Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Life is pretty monitinous these days so there just isn't much to blog about. So we'll keep it easy with lists, because I like lists. They are neat and clean. These are not in any order, just because I don't have to be orderly.
1. Taylor made me smile the other night. He has been reading books in a series, and they are gigantic. With a sigh, he came into my room at around midnight on a weekend and told me he had finished the last book in the series. And he was really sad. I loved that. I told him I knew exactly how he felt, you get so wrapped up in certain characters and story lines that you just don't want the story to end.
2. After playing some indoor soccer & doing P90x & Insanity, and complaining for awhile that his knee really hurt, Mike went to an orthopedic doctor. He said he had a bone fragment floating around and some cartilage that needed cleaned up. Surgery on Friday. What?? Just a quick procedure, in and out, walking the next day. I should learn not to trust doctors. We've both been very healthy so are unwise to their ways. After 6 hours, crutches, pain killers, and not moving much, the simple procedure is healing nicely.
Here's our patient after getting his first (!!!) I.V. Hannah and Taylor were good helpers with water, ice packs, snacks, towels and lots of love.
3. Did you think I could NOT post about recipes? Then you are silly. I made delicious cinnamon rolls with Pioneer Woman's maple-coffee frosting (so naughty), bacon-egg-biscuit cups (so good for a quick morning breakfast), and whole wheat banana cake-delicious and healthy.
4. My sweet nephews turned 11! Aren't they handsome? These boys are all growing up much too quickly!
5. Tonight I completed week 6 of couch to 5k and ran 2.5 miles. Very slowly, but considering when I started I could barely run half a lap without gasping for breath, I'm going to take this as a win!
6. In the May issue of the magazine I design, the cooking section was about cooking for Mom. So Hannah and I baked a Cinnabon Cinnamon roll cake (do NOT make this cake unless you have 10 or so other people around to inhale it) as I took pictures of her for the page. She was hilarious, posing with the milk, making sure her apron was just so. In between "takes" she ran off, so I made most of the cake but it got the job done! She is going to take a copy to school to show her friends.
7. First tulips in bloom and we had 88 degree weather last weekend. Slow that down! I want 70's for awhile. Also that pink flower is a Christmas cactus my Mom gave me that I have not killed yet. Look at all the beautiful blooms.
8. We are thinking of changing our Seattle vacation to a San Diego vacation in June. Taylor is the only hold out for his "home state." Silly guy. San Diego is much sunnier! We'll see what happens. I like changing my mind.