Thursday, December 13, 2012
I'm trying to publish this off the blogger app on my iPhone and its my third try. It doesn't let me put pics where I want so I'm hitting the publish button once again!
On the second week til Christmas...I have some things I love.
1. This handsome boy who played in the cold Christmas parade and a Christmas concert. Nothing like holiday music to get you in the spirit!
2. Speaking of Christmas music, my very favorites right now are Dave Matthews band Christmas song and faith hills o holy night.
3. I found this beautiful dress at a kids consignment store and the shrug shopping the next day. Hannah loves
it and she looks so pretty.
4. This is the best nail polish ever. I got a bottle of festive hi-ho silver and after 3 days not one chip! I'm going to have to get some more colors.
5. Made butter cookies for us the other night. One of my most favorite holiday cookie. It goes by many names: Mexican wedding cookie, kiflin, snowballs. Just butter with some flour, sugar, vanilla and nuts.
6. I love the smells of this time of year, especially the new scents at bath and body works. Snowberry is the best.
7. Christmas movies! Christmas story or Christmas vacation are my very favorites.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Yay! I am in such a wonderful mood. It's December and I am not stressed, overwhelmed or overworked. Isn't that great? I went to a beautiful Christmas concert last night that celebrated the real reason we are so excited this Christmas season. I'm hoping to be a part of it next year. I have my cards done, 90% of my shopping finished, my house is decorated and my tree is up. Really, I'm not trying to brag, just saying that when I have less on my plate, everything gets done! I love it. The kids and I are looking forward to our annual Gingerbread house and Christmas cookie baking/decorating.
Quick re-cap for Thanksgiving, our brined turkey was AMAZING!! Best.Turkey.Ever. Moist, flavorful, Mike has earned the top award (and future ones) of TURKEY MASTER. He's a little bummed it turned out so great and he's now in charge of the bird every year. We all have our talents, right?
So my carpel tunnel is back and I get to wear my lovely brace for awhile.
I thought I was passed that :-( Now I not only have pain in my palm and wrist area but it goes all the way up my arm. And since I'm complaining, the dishwasher door corner came right down on my ankle bone about 6 weeks ago and it is still sore, as well as the muscles around it. I really don't want to look like a whiner and go to the doctor but anyways....
|Mike showing the turkey who's boss|
|Taylor hoping we eat very soon|
|Almost ready to eat!|
|Hannah getting a headstart on the Hobbit|
|A new dinner idea-salad bar (epic fail as Taylor would say)|
|Getting lunch after some shopping|
|glitter blast says it all!|
|Family fun night: Christmas shopping, Chik-Fil-A and Big Al's|
On Saturday Taylor is marching with the band in our town's Christmas lights parade. I'm hoping it's not too cold for him (it's at 6pm), should be fun!