Saturday, July 14, 2012

So I've needed a dresser for awhile. My closet is pretty big and has tons of shelving but some clothes just don't work in shelves. My Mom handed me down a very pretty dresser she got awhile ago at an estate sale. I loved the size of it (9 drawers) but didn't like the honey colored wood for my room. So I refinished it in black, de-stressed it, and added new hardware.
The hardware was the hardest part. The existing ones were a funky size that didn't fit standard pulls so I went to a hardware only store. Wow, they had about 150 kinds of pulls. It took awhile to figure it out since they still didn't have my size, but the guy that worked there helped me find one that would cover up the old holes.
 I love the results!! It works perfect in my room with my other furniture.
I kind of enjoy refinishing furniture, it's a fun process. I just need a space to do it in. I was able to use the garage because the garage door finally broke after I backed into it 5 years ago, and it took a week to get a new garage door installed. Thankfully insurance covered everything and a new door opener.


the detailing is very pretty
Before..
After~  I love it!
Lots of sanding and stripping off the old varnish.

0 comments: