Sunday, June 15, 2008
I could be a little partial-but are those three just the cutest? I am super blessed to have them all and especially the big one in the middle, as my family. We celebrated Father's Day with an eggs benedict breakfast (turning out to be a tradition and mike's favorite) a hot cup of carmel latte and the kids presented their gifts-one of which is on Mike's head. It came with a matching T-shirt. We also got him the Ipod that I have been wanting to get him for over a year now. I'll see if he will actually use it :-)
He's a hard one to buy for at times. The kids got him a musical card that sings, "How Sweet It Is" and hannah had to play that song about 10 times today. Mike wanted us all to go see a family matinee, so "Kungfu Panda" it was. So funny, clean and a great family movie!
I made him a meat lover's dinner of potroast and all the trimmings ( an uncommon occurance in our house) and we made sure he got a nap in before dinner. It was fun to spoil him for one day and let me know how special he is to us.
Happy Father's Day honey...who knew what we were getting into 9 years ago? We sure didn't!
TOP 5 REASONS WHY MIKE IS A GREAT DAD
5. He has always helped with the messiness of having kids. You know what I mean: changing diapers, cleaning up vomit, spit-up and pee-nothing phases him and he likes the kids and house to be neat and has always helped clean. He is a laundry machine!
4. He spends time with the kids: playing games, reading, playing ball, taking them to movies and is involved in their activities.
3. How he wrestles and is silly with Hannah and Taylor since they were babies-they love it and laugh a lot. They've learned to be REALLY tough!
2. On days when I am feeling out of patience & energy and at my wits end, Mike is the first one to tell me to take a break-go for a walk or go get a coffee and let him take over. What a treat to have a partner that recognizes I need a time out and gives me relief!
1. He puts Hannah and Taylor at the top priority of his list and would do anything for them. If I have work and they are sick, he is home to take care of them. They will always know Dad is right there for them no matter what happens in life.