Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A little entry from my gratitude journal:

As a small (so very small) business owner and graphic designer, I have to WORK to put the bread on the table. I have to figure out taxes and paperwork, work from a very small capital (like 0), deal with technology issues (ummm spilling coffee on your laptop and frying it), work weird hours, handle with a smile overly demanding clients and am always waiting on a check-ALWAYS, and rarely enjoying a raise. I know, give me some cheese to go with that wine.

one little phone call
I was very blessed last week when the publisher of the monthly magazine I'm working on as a subcontractor, got rid of the middle man ( a very greedy company) that hired me to do the magazine (and then made lots of money off of me), and they are now directly my clients.

I know, all you hear is blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line is I am now making a more money, and finally feeling like I am being adequately compensated for the work I do.

It's consistent work that pays on time, I love designing magazines and that my friends is a HUGE blessing! Plus, I am getting referrals right and left to keep me busy the other part of the month I'm not working on the magazine.

I am so happy I get to work from home, gratitude doesn't say it enough. I have had to work VERY hard to get here-I started trying to do it since Taylor was born and he's nine! Lots of sacrifices, companies taking advantage of me, not a lot of "extras" in our house and taking jobs that are sometimes "below me", but I have a God that takes care of me and my family and that is just worth more than anything in this lifetime.

1 comments:

Rendi said...

I'm so glad it worked out so well!