Sunday, June 12, 2011

We have been busy bees the last two weeks.  Last fall Taylor moved into the guest room. When we originally picked out the floorplan for this home, it had an "office", with no closet.  I don't know what I was thinking-note to self-every room must have a closet.  So Mike being the handyman he is, built him one.  Yeah!!





And this is an hour after moving back in-the room looks like a hurricane went through it.  According to Taylor, that is just how he likes it.  I have to just close the door.





I finished Hannah's desk finally.  This has been a long project. I had looked for one to buy that was a good size for her room and couldn't find anything until we were in Nevada at an auction when we were there for spring break. It was yellow/brown speckled. Gross.   After I sanded, cleaned, painted, put on new hardware, added new drawer liners, and put some very cute fabric behind the bookcase portion, it's almost done.  All we need is some containers to keep her art stuff in and a very cute chair.  I'm thinking I'd like to find a used chair that I can re-upholster with the matching fabric.  That would look pretty adorable.
I am so happy with how it turned out.  Home projects are always such a pain, but the finished result is very satisfying.

0 comments: