Monday, September 19, 2011

Ok, I'm now ready for fall as September almost comes to close.  Life seems to be settling back into a more fall kind of rhythm.  The air is a bit chillier in the mornings, but afternoons are still warm.  I haven't been very motivated the past couple weeks but I have gotten back into an exercise routine.  I am happy to report I didn't completely lose it all summer and just lie around, which is a big step for me.  Usually I get into exercise, then leave it for months, and so on.  Dancing with the Stars is coming back on and I usually like to do the elliptical while I watch it-good motivation.

Our last couple weeks have been filled with a fun game on the PlayStation called Sing Star.  Karaoke!!  We each get a microphone and then while it plays the video, you sing along and try to hit all the notes to get as many points as you can.  I picked this game out because I LOVE to sing.  Surprisingly, Hannah wants to be only the audience and Taylor loves to sing with me.  The first night we sang our hearts out for 2 hours.  Taylor has now decided he likes Cold Play, U2 and Maroon 5.  The music selection doesn't have a lot of newer songs but lots of older ones, so we have been singing to the 80's and 90's stuff.  He rolls his eyes when he hears me say, "I listened to this when I was in HIGH School", and then we sing R.E.M.  Fun stuff.  He will not join me for any Whitney Houston songs, though.

I have also been helping my Mom re-do her guest room.  She wants a cottage look, so we have had fun picking the wall color and accent colors.  She hates blue but I showed her how pretty the walls in a yellow would be with some ice blue and chocolate brown together.  I'll have to put pictures up when we finish.  We found the perfect bedding and some art for the walls. 

Hannah started gymnastics last week.  We have been going back and forth about whether to enroll her in a "serious" class (costing "serious" money).  She has taken gymnastics in other classes, but they are a little more casual.  She really loves being active and gymnastics is fast moving, and has lots of variety.  After getting her in the right level, she is right at home.  She can eventually be in a competetive team but right now she is learning more basics, but they have parallel bars, beams, trampolines, she is in heaven. Her class in 90 minutes and she wants the 2 hour one.  That girl has endless energy!  She is very motivated and seems to be enjoying herself, so we'll see how it goes.  

Well I better go as I am supposed to be hard and work and not on here!!

Spencer and Rendi rockin out with Sing Star.

Hannah LOVES wearing my shoes and boots.

My basil survived long enough for me to hack it down and make fresh pesto-sooo delicous.  Didn't get a pic of our finished dish because we ate it up. It's Hannah's favorite new pasta dish. 

Homemade pop tarts without the icing.  These were a hit, I made some with Nutella and some with strawberry jam.

0 comments: