Monday, June 10, 2013

About three months ago, I started pondering when the last time Mike and I had gone off for a weekend or a trip by ourselves.  I couldn't come up with the answer so I decided that needed to change!  I scored a great deal at a hotel in a town near Sun Valley, and kept it a secret from Mike.  I just had him take a Friday off. The kids got to stay with Mom and Mike and I enjoyed a weekend to ourselves. It was wonderful!

Mike has had a really big project at work that he is the lead on and we haven't seen much of him for a month.  Some nights after a 12 hour day at work, he comes home and does homework.  So I thought he really needed some down time.

We drove 2.5 hours to the town of Hailey.  Perfect timing, there weren't many other tourists and we had the hotel pool to ourselves, restaurants weren't packed and we even walked around Sun Valley Resort and it was pretty empty.  Our hotel had free bikes, so we went on a ride, did some shopping in Ketchum and went on a fabulous hike.  We had no agenda, no schedule and did what we wanted. It's such a beautiful area there with wildflowers and mountains and the sky was so blue.   I've decided that we deserve a weekend like this at least 1-2 times a year.  Doesn't have to be fancy, just an opportunity to relax, laugh and enjoy.

We Face-Timed with the kids every night though :-)

We are having fun!!



Sawtooth Botanical Garden

Tranquility garden with Buddhist prayer wheel from when the Dalai Lama visited in 2005.

Those are some big boots!

Delicious drinks at Sun Valley Resort Lodge

Look at that sky.  The view was beautiful from our hike, the air smelled so good!

We hiked right up that hill!

Sculpture made from sticks and branches-very cool!





0 comments: