Monday, April 6, 2009
Are you SICK of hearing about the unemployment rates, the bailout scandal, the bad news that goes on and on? There is a difference between reality and over-hype.
So I am here to list all the GOOD, the WONDERFUL and the AMAZING things that I am thankful for DESPITE the raging economy blues.
1. A healthy family. We have sniffles, occasional pukes fests, but my kids have never seen the inside of an emergency room and have only missed 4-6 days of school so far. I thank God.
2. A husband and partner that sticks with me through good and bad, and shares LOTS Of laughs in between. Love you sweetie for loving me just who I am.
3. A source of income. I whine and complain and a temp job scanning and part-time job at Kohl's is NOT my longterm plan, nor does it fulfill any goals I have...but it PUTS FOOD ON THE TABLE AND GAS IN MY CAR!
4. I am learning how to live with less. Do my kids need $50 of toys for Easter baskets? No. Do they need to understand what Easter is and appreciate it? Yes. Do they NEED a trip to Disneyland we had planned in October? No. Will we set an example for them by NOT using credit cards and teach them something that lasts beyond a trip to see Mickey? YES.
5. Coupons are my friend and I will borrow any recipe, idea and technique on how to get more out of my groceries and dollars. Thanks thrifty mom!
6. I really DO NOT need to eat out two or three times per week. I can cook (*sharp intake of air*) and eat better and enjoy a meal with my family, and TEACH my kids more cooking skills.
7. I choose to live in a Kingdom where worldly matters DON'T matter and my destiny has already been written. Thank you Lord.
8. I have friends that provide a laugh, a smile and an ear.
9. I have a church family that builds me up when I am out of steam, broken down and tired and remind me of #7.
10. I have really wonderful kids. How I love them for their creativity, occasional sassiness, abundance of love, freedom and trust. They teach ME everyday.