Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So after over a month of changing my lifestyle and eating habits, I am only down 5 lbs.  But I am not feeling so discouraged because I've made some big changes in my eating and I am getting in regular exercise (that is a big one for me). I have incorporated eating LESS snacks at night, desserts & fast food and lots MORE veggies, fruit, lean proteins, and whole grains in my daily diet. It is working because I feel better and I feel some muscles popping up that haven't been there for a long time. It is really a challenge to get in the recommended servings of fruit, veggies and water in a day. I have found eating salads at lunch really helps that and I've made a couple salad dressings that are so good and healthy.  I also eat breakfast and that really ups the metabolism.

Usually by now I would have given up and go back to my sugar hound days, but I am sticking with it-failures and everything.

I think I gained lots of muscles after our home project-lots of lifting, bending and hamstring workout-but it did throw me off my normal schedule for over a week. Back on track!

While I haven't lost as much as planned, I feel successful because I have changed some long standing habits. Now onto another 5 or 10 pounds!

0 comments: