Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maybe I'm getting old in my ways but it seems like many people have really no respect for other's privacy. 
Yesterday I had a man from a business organization drop by my house at 8:15.  Of course I was up, but in the shower!! Hannah answered the door and he said he would be back.  Yikes.  If I had a business office, that would be fine, but um, this is my house.

Yesterday, I put a post on Craigslist looking for someone to re-do my business website (it hasn't been updated in 5 years! ) and I get a text from someone at almost 11pm wanting to talk about how they can help.  I don't know who they are or how they got my number, I only had the e-mail on the craiglist ad.  I texted back it was unprofessional to text someone I never gave my number out to at 11 o'clock.

I've had clients call me at 7:30-8pm at night, expecting me to take their call, or will e-mail requests at night, expecting me to reply.  I have had to make a 6pm cut-off time for my family or I would be at anyone's disposal.  Weekends and evenings are my personal time thank you very much.

We get several door to door sales people/religious groups/students selling something in our neighborhood, almost everyday.  Since I work at home, I get to talk to them all (sigh). I was working in the garage one day and this guy I didn't know just walked right in there and started telling me about his pest control service.  I nicely told him to back on up to the driveway and I didn't need the service.

Maybe I am just over reacting, but it is started to bug me.  That's my rant for the day.

0 comments: