Monday, November 29, 2010

I have no pictures to share this post because I haven't taken many in the last month.  Oh well, I don't feel too guilty. The thanksgiving table looked really yummy though.

The whole family took off last week and we enjoyed a much-needed stack of days to all do what we want, agenda-free.  Life gets busy, and hectic, filled with events and times and deadlines....and while that is just normal life, I was especially grateful to pause and spend time with my family, eat too much, sleep in, shop and just enjoy time instead of watching it go by.  We enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and her family, my Mom and aunt and uncle and their kids.  I am used to cooking the entire dinner myself (since we usually spend Thanksgiving just the four of us) but it was so nice this year to only make a couple dishes.  I had bright visions of early Black Friday shopping but didn't get out until 9am and got everything I wanted!  Plus I put in around 5 orders on various retailers websites and scored some fabulous deals and free shipping! 

I took the opportunity to take Hannah and Taylor out on a "date" separately and just listen, laugh and talk, and enjoy each of them.  I even got to go out with grownups only for dinner.  Mike took the kids all day to a friends house that has kids close to Hannah and Taylor ages, and they all had a great time. 

Now it's back to reality: grocery shopping and cleaning, work deadlines and homework, but I feel refreshed and re-filled.  And I get to do it all over again in about 3 weeks!!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

That does sound very refreshing! Whenever we have a break like that, I always find myself thinking, "I wish we were rich and just got to play all the time." Maybe if that were the case, though, we wouldn't enjoy that time nearly as much as we do when we don't get it all the time. :)

You aren't the first person I've heard say that they went out later on black friday and still got what they wanted. I just might have to try that next year so I don't spend the entire weekend trying to catch up on my precious sleep.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!.