Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I really love surprises, but it is soooo hard to hold them in.  Mike's parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve and were leaving on a cruise to Hawaii on Friday.  His sister thought it would be fun to throw a surprise Luau party before they left. So quietly the last three weeks we have been working undercover.  I was in charge of most of the food-imagine that! I made lots of coconut bread, sweet and sour meatballs, cheese balls and tons of fruit kabobs-we had to keep the theme Hawaiian.  Laura made delicious pork sliders.  We drove down Saturday for the party on Sunday with our Hawaiian attire, and all the food.  They didn't even know it was coming!!  They were so surprised and happy to see friends and family that are important to them.  We had to leave Hannah behind since she had been working on a gymnastics program with a friend for the last couple months and Saturday was her big day.  It was a lot of driving but really worth it. Carol and Charlie are the best in-laws I could ask for.  They really love their family and have helped us and been there for us over our 11 years of marriage. Here are some pictures:











Now, onto surprise #2!!
My brother announced last month he was getting married in Hawaii on Valentine's Day! How exciting! I wanted to go so bad, but really couldn't afford an undertaking like that with Christmas and two kids birthday's crunched in-between.  But sometimes things have ways of working out with the help of others :-)  We surprised my Mom on her birthday (Monday) with the trip as well.
So I will be able to go and see my oldest brother get married.  Mike is staying home with kids and my Mom and I are traveling together.  We get 5 days in Hawaii and I am SO EXCITED!  My brother Sean, in Japan, will be there was well.  It will be so much fun!

What fun!

Now I have so much work to do before I can completely enjoy Christmas~

0 comments: