Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Well, school starts in two short days.  I will be the first one to say that this year, I am actually wishing the kids could stay home a little longer.  I know, I'm crazy.  I love having them home.  Really it's not the fact that after they go back to school I'll have to pick up the chores they have been doing here daily: vacuuming, dusting, dishes, clean bathrooms.  No, I will miss their help but I enjoy spending time with them.  I enjoy getting to spend one on one time with them too.  Taylor and I went shopping for his school shoes the other night and had dinner, and dessert and shopped.  It was fun.  I am taking Hannah earring shopping soon, as she "must have some earrings to wear at school." Ha.
Anyway, where was I going with this?

Oh yes, ONE LAST BLAST!!
So we packed up the kids and the car and the chihuhua and off we went to McCall, my favorite place.  I love the mountains, the fresh air, the lake, the trees!  We had so much fun.  Mike and Hannah swam about 3 times every day at the pool in the hotel.  We rented a canoe (and figured out letting the kids have oars wasn't such a good idea), had beach time, Mike and Hannah went horseback riding while Taylor and I checked out some cool craft fairs and we all went to a paint-your-own-pottery place and created masterpieces (that was Mike's idea!), and had some really yummy ice cream.  I think we could have all stayed another night or two.    I have to say this summer has been the best in a long time, we have been playing all the time.  I look back at my summer goal list before summer and we didn't do a lot of those things!!  Me and my silly lists.  We have enjoyed time together, and that is the important thing.
Here are many photos:

creating some masterpieces         


look at that pretty butterfly
what a view
cowboy Mike
Taylor in the lake
Yeehaw! She loved riding the horse
Swim time....and yes he wears this hat in every picture
Queen of the rock

Hannah's pic of me
We took a little walk in the forest

crocodile time


But seriously, next week my dirty house, empty pantry, and unorganized clutter needs some tending to! And I need to strawberry jam before they aren't at Costco anymore!

0 comments: