Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We had a busy week, which was actually good since it's been a little slow around here.  It's my least favorite time of year: cold, gloomy, wet, muddy, blah.  I don't think much of spring either.  At least we get sun, which is very important.

Friday night we took the kids to the movie Hugo.  What a wonderful story, great acting, etc.  But WHY do they have to make family movies so long?  It was over TWO HOURS!!  We had fun anyways,and ate lots of good snacks.

Blueberries! Asparagus!
On Saturday I went to pick up my "Bountiful Basket".  What is that you ask?  It's this great co-op that you go to a website, order a produce basket and pick it up at a selected location (my location is right down the street).  It's all volunteer ran and the produce is mostly organic.  I thought I would give it a try.  What a great bunch of fruit and veggies we got.  I will be doing this at least twice a month.


I got a juicer a couple years ago that I just got out to use.  I know, I know, what a slacker...two years!! Anyway we used some of our fresh produce, and who knew carrot, apple, celery, and orange juice was so good?  I am trying to juice up veggies and fruit more often so we will drink it, it's so full of vitamins!

Saturday we took Taylor and Hannah to the BSU engineering day after Taylor's basketball game.  Besides Hannah puking right when we got there, it was fun.  The kids went a couple years ago and it is so cool all the presentations and exhibits and things the kids can make and learn.
Taylor peddling to make energy

Sunday Mike and I went to a surprise party for a friend.  I LOVE surprise parties.  I think my other profession could be a party planner.  I love it.  Anyway, she had no clue and it was fun. 

Taylor finally started playing his viola at orchestra.  Our school system tried to eliminate 6th grade band for budgeting reasons,  but because the kids wanted it and because the music teachers worked so hard, it finally started.  I can't wait to hear him play a song.  He is my only hope for a musical child :-)  I don't think Hannah could sit long enough to learn to play.

0 comments: