Thursday, April 8, 2010
Well since I'm not getting much exercise in lately (that Denise Austin bootcamp DVD has only been played once since it's purchase).....I can say I am getting LOTS of reading in, and thus my mind is in really good shape. I love to read. Really. love. to. read. My favorite time is before bed-I can't get to sleep without turning at least a couple pages. I enjoy watching both my kids getting completely lost in a story. During spring break, Taylor stayed up until 11:30 most nights in bed with his lamp on reading a series called "Warriors" (and didn't get up til 11 the next morning). His teacher sent home a sheet that said if he could read 600 minutes in one month, the local water park would give him a free ticket.
Taylor read over 1,500 minutes!!
We are throwing in an extra incentive since he did so awesome!
Anyhoo. I thought I would list what I have been reading lately, or in the past 4 months. I always ask people what they are reading and if everyone could just have a list occasionally, it would be fun. I might not include authors but if you look up the title at amazon, you'll find it. I enjoyed them all, even if I didn't leave a comment.
- House Rules by Jodi Picoult EXCELLENT-I have enjoyed all her books and this one is really good about a boy with Aspbergers
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wells-a memoir so captivating-read it when you are feeling sorry for yourself
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox-sad and strange-really excellent
- The Help by Katherine Stockett-wonderful
- Vegetable, Animal, Miracle
- Heaven is so Real by Choo Thomas-amazing is all I can say
- There is always enough -amazing
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks-what can I say? I am a sucker for a love story-the movie was better
- Brooklyn by Colm Toibin
- Still Growing by Kirk Cameron-biography
- Williams-Sonoma book of Baking-yummmm
- Riding the Bus with my sister by Rachel Simon-must read!
- The Doctor's Wife
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter-excellent
- While I was gone & The Good Mother by Sue Miller
- Firstborn and Sunrise series by Karen Kingsbury-family stories
- A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg-beautiful recipes and stories
- The Barefoot Contessa cookbook-my favorite food network chef
- The Bread Bible
- Feeding the Whole Family -delicious, whole food recipes-it's been on my wish list for awhile
- Skeletons at the feast by Chris Bohjalian
- The forgotten garden by Kate Morton
- Bringing up Kids without tearing them down
- Imperfect Birds-Anne Lamott's latest-if you are a mom and have never read Operating Instructions by her, you must!
- Coop by Michael Perry-one man's qwest to live natural -biography
- Angels on Assignment by Roland Buck
- Connection Parenting by Pam Leo
- Jamie's Food Revolution by Jamie Oliver