Saturday, May 21, 2011
I know it's technically not summer quite yet but today's weather had full sunshine and 70's temperatures and it just got me feelin' ready for some SUMMER. A big contract I had is being postponed a bit and what a relief off my shoulders. My workload will be as normal and I can enjoy the kids and summer-ish activities. I am just so happy.
I got 6 planters full of plants and flowers today and it felt so good sweating out in that hot sunshine.
I have so many plans for summer, do you? What are yours?
It seems whenever I try and make actual goals for summer I go a little crazy and make myself crazy trying to complete it, so here are some things I would like to do, keeping it flexible, just some ideas:
- At least 2 camping trips
- Some school workbooks to help keep the kid's mind fresh, plus they can earn extra screen time
- Swimming lessons
- I would like the kids to pick three things they want to learn to do: so far the list includes making suckers ( hoping we can amp that up a bit)
- go to at least two local museums
- cooking lessons with the kids where they do more than slice or stir-we're talking actual cooking/baking! Following a recipe!!
- summer reading program at the library-we LOVE our books!
- lots of bike riding and tennis playing
- hike to at least 2 NEW places
- everyone wants more kayaking ( we did it once and they loved it)
- Mike wants more golfing (I'll drive the cart)
- We are renting a viola for Taylor to start practicing for band next year-excited about that one!
I'll be looking just like this: