Sunday, May 1, 2011
To make a long story short, I have learned a lot from this experience. I bought Google business apps to host all my mail instead of keeping it on my domain host's site...which means they keep copies of everything I send, every folder, every e-mail and I can access it from anywhere at anytime. Converting it took a week and in between I had to use three different e-mail programs to get everything transferred right. I even thought I would hire someone to come to my house and do it since I was overwhelmed. I spent $120 on nothing-he knew nothing and didn't get done what I needed! Frustrating yes. In the end, I learned that these things happen and you just have to dig in and figure it out. I don't have an IT department, but my sweet hubby did help a lot.
I just sweated it out and now have everything fixed and my e-mail files on my iphone, on my computer, accessible from a web browser. Still lost those 6 weeks of e-mail but it is a lesson learned.